Thursday, April 7, 2011

AdMob account disabled after years of usage (and funding)

We are one of the recent "group disabling" activities of Admob.


We have 9 apps with AdMob, which generate over 8 Million monthly impressions per month. We use these impressions to launch mobile marketing campaigns for reputable brands, actually --very-- reputable brands. Additionally, we paid AdMob over $3,000 to purchase ads on their network as well. What's funny is that we disabled cpc ads (we don't generate any revenue from AdMob, we sell the ad space our selves).


Yesterday, our account was disabled with no notice whatsoever. We lost the $3,000 we paid to AdMob, we lost our 9 Million monthly impressions, lost access to the ad space in all of our apps, and all our campaigns have all been stopped, our end clients are extremely angry and starting to sue us.


This is by far the worst unprofessional act I have experienced in the media industry.


Please, we need to make our voice heard.

4 comments:

  1. Did this happen after updating to the newest sdk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to googles life -.-
    excellent google products but worse customer service

    ReplyDelete

  3. My AdMob account also closed without notice or warning to me. They said I had conducted illegal activities but they can not tell me it's action of the illegal activities. I was asked to appeal with no guarantee that my account will be active again. This is clearly unfair, we have many months of makings 2 applications and 4 games but eventually failed and futile with Admob's account closure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I had not once my app on play disabled, but after 3 e-mail to the outsourced contract employee (who is btw more stupid than cleverbot) that I want to "talk with someone intelligent from actual google, not some outsourced cheap workforce", I was greeted by a guy from mountain view (or some other US google site).

    ReplyDelete